Diagnostic tool for Rover, MG and Landrover cars
List by vehicle
List by ECU
PC Operating System support
The pscan.uk software works on most currently-used PC operating systems
running on 32-bit or 64-bit Intel processors.
- Microsoft Windows: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 (not Windows RT and not 10S), 11 (not Windows 11 ARM).
- The new Microsoft Surface Pro X has an Arm processor with Intel software run in an emulator. It is not clear whether pscan will work in this environment and this is untested and unsupported.
- Linux: compatible with current versions of most Linux distributions
- We develop on Debian and have many customers running Ubuntu. For older laptops Xubuntu is recommended.
- Mac OS X: 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard) to 10.15 (Catalina). Newer versions require XQuartz.
- We have seen pscan successfully run on 10.14 (Mojave) and 10.15 (Catalina) and we have also seen customers struggle with it. Our Macbook Pro cannot be updated past 10.13 (High Sierra) because it does not have a Metal compliant GPU; this makes it more difficult to support customers running Mojave and Catalina. ARM chip Macs are not yet supported. Please check our support forum for the latest status of Mac OS support.
- Raspberry Pi running Raspbian
- Pi OS 64 bit and Pine64 devices (tested on Pinebook Pro running Manjaro for AArch64)
Computer and User Licencing
The pscan.uk software is licenced for personal use and as such the interface can be linked to two computers. If a customer disposes of a computer they can unlink it and add a new one themselves.
For details please see the License and computer linking page.